“We are so excited to welcome you back on Monday, May 18th! In order to ensure the safety of our staff and clients, we will be implementing the following guidelines and procedures for the foreseeable future. We will keep you updated with any changes that are deemed necessary.
- Prior to entering the salon, all clients will be asked whether they or anyone they have had contact with has experienced a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you are unsure, we may request to take your temperature.
- All staff will have their temperature taken prior to entering
- All staff will wear masks at all times and other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Clients must wear a mask at all times while in the salon. We will try to have masks available for purchase but cannot guarantee this
- Our chairs, stations, tables, sinks, and other furniture and surfaces will be sanitized between each client
- Our credit card terminal and desk area will be sanitized after each client
- Beverages will be served in disposable cups
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands upon entering the salon and hand sanitizer will be available throughout your visit
- We will welcome clients into the salon at the time of their appointment; at this time we are not able to accommodate clients in our waiting area.
- Clients are unable to bring guests, children, or pets with their them to their appointment.
- At this time, we will not be offering blow-dry services in an effort to reduce transmission of germs through the air. Please plan accordingly.
- We will be enforcing a cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment or fail to attend your appointment.
Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns about any of our new policies and procedures, please reach out via Facebook or email. We are so excited to see you and can’t wait to catch up! We miss you!
Bohemia Salon has been providing upscale hair, skin, and nail services to the Charleston community since 2009. Originally located on Daniel Island, Bohemia Salon is owned and overseen by Shawna Amella, a European Master Stylist.
In January 2017, Bohemia Salon relocated to a beautiful historic building on Shem Creek to better serve our clients.
At Bohemia, we are a team of talented hair and skin professionals devoted to providing the highest quality services to our clients. We provide a comfortable and intimate salon experience.
A district inhabited by persons, typically artists, writers, and intellectuals, whose way of life, dress, etc., are generally unconventional or avant-garde.
We have a team of stylists ranging from Junior Stylists, who are freshly embarking on their careers, to Master Stylists, who have 30+ years of experience in the industry in order to fit every need (and every price range!). Our Junior Stylists are integrated into the Bohemia culture & work side-by-side with our Master Stylists to develop and enhance their technique as well as to stay up to date on the newest styles and trends.
We proudly use Goldwell as our color line
Ask us for more information about these services
Skin care is an essential part of your overall health and well-being. We carry 3 professional skincare lines: Dermalogica, L’Athene & Plant Apothecary.
Custom spray tanning (Organic) done by a certified technician
By our Certified Technician
Shawna is a European Master Stylist with over 30 years experience in the hair industry- a true master of her craft. Originally from Toronto, where she worked with top stylists in the industry and trained as a Goldwell Platform Artist, Shawna moved to Charleston in 2008. Shawna specializes in all things hair- intricate cuts, specialty color techniques, and flawless up-do's. When she's not at the salon (which is rare!), Shawna can be found surfing on Isle of Palms or at the dog park with her 2 rescue Great Danes.
Wayne has been with Bohemia Salon since the very beginning! A stylist for over 30 years, Wayne has done it all- he has been a salon owner, a salon educator, and taught at one of Charleston's best cosmetology schools. Wayne also hosts monthly in-salon classes for the Bohemia stylists on topics ranging from color theory to specific styling techniques, ensuring our staff is always up to date in their education. As a Master Stylist, Wayne has mastered all things hair, from complex men's and women's cuts to the latest color techniques. When he's not behind the chair, Wayne enjoys gardening and is an accomplished vocalist and choir director.
Another Northerner, Sam moved to Charleston from upstate New York in 2017.She joined the Bohemia Team in 2019 and is a proud graduate of Paul Mitchel Cosmetology School. Sam’s specialties include fashion colors, blonding, and texturized haircuts. In her free time, Sam continues letting her creative energy flow with painting, drawing, and yoga!
Info coming soon!
Mary is a Charleston/Isle of Palms native and received her cosmetology license from Charleston Cosmetology Institute. Mary joined the Bohemia team as an assistant in May 2018, where she worked side-by-side with our Master stylists before settling behind the chair. Mary is currently a talented stylist who specializes in fashion color and balayage techniques. Additionally, Mary is a spray tan artist, making all of your bronzed dreams come true! In her spare time, Mary enjoys art, music, and hoola hoop dance.
A Charleston native, Jessica has been a licensed stylist for over 10 years. While she currently resides in Charleston, she has offered hair services in both Atlanta and New York in the past. She is a balayage and color specialist and is an expert at working with all textures of hair. Jessica also offers formal hairstyles and airbrush makeup. In her free time, Jessica loves traveling and hanging out with dachshund!
Cancellations accepted up to 24 hours before the scheduled service. Within 24 hours of the service, cancellations will be charged 50% of the scheduled cost.
510 Mill Street, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464, United States
Tuesday: 10am - 7pm, Wednesday: 10am - 4pm,
Thursday: 10am - 8pm, Friday: 10am - 5pm,
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed